Thursday, June 27, 2013

Goodbye Facebook

     As you may or may not have noticed, my Facebook page has been fairly bare with no new posts besides the weekly blog update, a picture of the latest belly, or something about my goof ball for a husband. This is partially because of the lack of anything else going on in our lives right now besides waiting on baby, and also [mostly] due to my life evolving and realizing whats important. It occurred to me that Facebook has taken so much of my life, which sounds completely pathetic, but is completely true. I need a change to enrich my life, and that change is going to be me saying GOODBYE to the things that take too much of my life away from my husband and daughter.

      Facebook is so habitual for me that I start my morning and end my day with it, I check it before and after I eat [sometimes DURING!], I check it before and after doctors appointments and work and in between conversations... basically any moment of free time I have during the day I spend it scrolling through a newsfeed that I don't even particularly like! I realize I could always just not check it as often, or unsubscribe from the people who have nothing but negative things to say, but I've come to a conclusion that I just don't particularly like much of anything I see any more. When something is affecting your mood throughout the day in a negative way, its time to reevaluate. I would much rather start my mornings and end my days with devotionals and prayer, and spend my free time thinking up new and fun things to do with my family. THAT is what this life is all about, so THAT is what my time should be invested in.

    It sounds so pathetic, even feels pathetic, to say that deleting Facebook is actually hard to do. I mean come on, its just a social networking site. But I would be lying if I said it hasn't been nice being able to keep up with whats going on with friends and family, and to share photos and videos of what we are up to. However, half of the people I don't even know or hardly know any more, so Facebook isn't quite what it used to be. It has enabled me to stop being personal with people. I hate that! I miss being able to talk to someone and actually have new things to talk about. All the personal phone calls and texts, letters and cards mailed, and lunch dates to catch up have been completely cut off. I feel like we don't check in and invest our time and love into people any more because we already know every single in and out of whats going on with them through Facebook. I am just tired of all the ads, political views, and photos that "need" "likes" from strangers on a photo of a child with a terminal illness instead of going out and doing something about it... liking a photo literally does nothing for that child.

     With that being said, I do want my friends and family to get to see Faith grow and keep up with our family, I just want to do it in a more personal, fulfilling way! I will still keep my instagram because who are we kidding, I am in love with photography and will always be taking pictures of our little peanut! So that will be a way to keep family updated on when there are new blog posts because I find that writing in this blog is a great outlet for me and I love being able to store our memories somewhere. Its more fulfilling when I can write about the entire experience and really dig deep rather than writing a quick post that I will forget about anyways. I know blogging isn't for everyone, so to my friends and family that don't blog or don't have an instagram, I want to make sure you have my phone number, mailing address, or email [Whatever you need!] so theres no excuse to not stay in touch. So shoot me a message while I still have my page! Planning on keeping Facebook till Faith gets here, just so everyone knows she made it into this world healthy as can be! Also so I have time to save ALLLLL of the photos I have accumulated over time =]

Here's to a more fulfilling and joyous life!

No comments:

Post a Comment