Sunday, June 16, 2013

[[37 Weeks]]+Father's Day


How far along: 37 weeks
Total weight gain: +24 lbs [[145]]
Maternity clothes? I still wish. Found myself at target the other day and was so tempted... but I reminded myself what a waste it would be... just fight the urge to buy things that will only last a couple more weeks and then collect cob webs in a closet somewhere for a long time!
Stretch marks? Nothing new
Sleep: Restless leg syndrome is no joke. I wanted to cry the other every night it was so bad.
Nausea: Nope
Best moment this week: Going to the doctors and getting another ultrasound, didn't get to see much since she is such a big girl now, but seeing her heart beating never gets old, also getting to see our favorite Bert-o this weekend, we love our Bert =]
Miss Anything? Feeling somewhat normal.
Movement: Knees all the time. And swift kicks to the ribs. Needless to say... she is head down... and I don't think she plans on switching it up any time soon. 
Food cravings: Nothing but sweets sweets sweets, especially since they said I was still a little underweight... I decided I am going all out on sweets while I have the excuse!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Labor Signs: Started experiencing some lower back pain which is new, along with more contractions than the usual but still not regular or anything like 5-10 minutes apart... I just have a few and then wont have any more for a while... been feeling different though, not sure if its just my mind psyching myself out being that she is full term maybe I am just creating things in my head but everything feels different.... as if someone is packing her bags and wants to make her debut.....
Symptoms: Lower back pain, heart burn, and braxton hicks
Belly Button in or out? Flat
Wedding ring on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy when it comes to thinking about baby being here... MOODY when it comes to how I am feeling physically.
Looking forward to: D DAYYY

On another super happy and exciting note, Faith Marie officially has a finished nursery! I honestly cannot thank my Grammy enough for all the hard work she put into everything. I constantly am reminded how blessed I am day in and day out because of things like this! I'd say this room turned out to be everything I wanted it to be... minus the fact that I wish I could paint the walls =[

Happy Father's Day to my Baby Daddy! 
          Joel, I sometimes most of the time suck at showing you how much I appreciate all of the things you do for me, especially during this pregnancy, but I want you to know that every little thing you do does not go unnoticed. You are so selfless that I don't even think you realize you do so much for me, like it is just second nature to you, effortless. Did you know that from the very start of my day, my forehead never goes unkissed when you leave for work (even if I am half asleep and can't move a muscle to acknowledge it). Or that you still tell me how beautiful I am every single day, seriously... every single day... even if I hadn't showered and was sitting on the couch watching cooking shows all day. Do you know that without hesitation when I ask you to do something, no matter what it is, you do it. I have grown so accustomed to this that I rarely show you how much I appreciate you getting up to get me cookies, water, or a blanket. Even if I don't ask, you offer or just bring it (considering you have my nightly routine down to a science hehe). When you are in the middle of watching your show and I ask for you to take out the trash, help me bring the laundry upstairs, get something heavy down for me, do the dishes, etc. you get right up to help... which is baffling to me because I KNOW that I have done no such thing when I am watching my Grey's Anatomy and you need something. I usually start with some complaint or make you wait till its over... which is SO wrong and yet you are patient with me and will wait for 5 hours if you had to. I can't even count all the nights you have given me foot rubs and back massages, and MOST of the time I don't ask for it at all, you just get the lotion and start massaging away =] Also, my favorite thing that I definitely don't show you I appreciate enough, when you love me fully even if I am being the meanest person in the world... My moods are like a ticking time bomb anymore and when I go off about something or am not loving towards you you never lash back at me or show me less love, if anything you pour out your love on me tenfold! If that is not representing God's love, I don't know what is.
           I am so proud of the man you have become since we first met when I was just 15 years old. Watching God work on your heart and seeing you transform into the spiritual leader in our home is probably one of the greatest feelings I have ever had. We have come such a long way from being those young naive high school sweethearts. Between military life away from family, a deployment, back surgery, now pregnancy, and all the other little life changers, we had to figure out the hard way what it means to unconditionally love one another. Just know that even on the days that I don't thank you enough, or don't show you how appreciated you are,  I am ALWAYS thanking God for blessing me with you, and ALWAYS asking Him to teach me to love like you do. You show me every day what it is to be a great spouse and soon-to-be father. Faith is going to be one lucky little girl to have you as her daddy. She will get the chance to grow up with a great role model, showing her the kind of man she will want to marry someday. Granted we are not perfect people by any means, but the way you have learned and trained yourself to glorify God in everything you do is inspiring and humbling. I could not ask for a better man in my life. I love you <3

.....Oh, and Oakley really wanted to be apart of wishing his favorite daddy in the whole wide world a Happy Father's Day! ;]


No comments:

Post a Comment