Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Marine Corps Ball 2011

Its that time again, for the Marine Corps ball! This year was sorta tricky for us because we have been in wedding mode for so long that I almost forgot that we had the ball to go to. I even forgot to request the day off at work and they scheduled me on that day so I had to search around for someone to cover it. All went well and we were on our way to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina! We got an ocean front room which was amazing because during the day the weather was PERFECT so we had the door open just listening to the waves crashing and wind blowing. The ball this year was pretty much just as lame as the year before, if not worse, but it turned out to be a really nice relaxing trip for Joel and I. It also made us realize what an old married couple we are turning out to be HAHA. After the ball everyone went out to one of the bars and we just went back to our hotel and called it a night (we were hoping to get in the indoor lazy river at our hotel.... but figures they closed 10 minutes after we got there!). The next morning I woke up at the crack of dawn and saw the most beautiful sunrise. I wish I would have snapped a picture of it (call me crazy but the first thing I think of when I wake up is definitely not taking a picture haha). It was at the most perfect time though because the sky was still really dark but the reds and oranges that were just starting to rise were reflecting off the water, and we left the door open over night so not only could I see the beauty, I could hear it as well! After sleeping in for a bit we went down to the beach and took it all in before we had to go home, and before I had to work in a few hours =/ As much as I was dreading going to the ball this year, it really did turn out to be just what we needed =]



My lovely ladies =]

Love her by the way!



Too cold for this now, but how fun for summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment